Saturday, August 14, 2010

pratyahara

 "Much of our emotional imbalance are our own creation. A person who is influenced by outside events and sensations can never achieve the inner peace and tranquility. This is because he or she will waste much mental and physical energy in trying to suppress unwanted sensations and to heighten other sensations."


Yeah, well...I certainly didn't find any inner peace or tranquility in my yoga class this morning. I tried. Lord knows I tried. But I was just unable to block out my overwhelming disgust with the class.


Our Saturday morning class is taught by two different instructors. One instructor is calm, whimsical, and flexible. The other is chatty, educational and sticks with her plan. They both should be good. In fact, both are good. But the chatty one is just not good for me. She just. plain. talks. too. much.


I've tried her classes several times and most of the time I just come out of there keyed up and anxious and frustrated with myself because I've let her chattiness intrude too much in my own practice.


I came to the conclusion today that I'll just have to not go when she is teaching. It bothers me that I can't overcome this. But it's just not worth it for me to get so worked up over it. I have another place to go, and I think I'll do that. I just wanted this one to work because it's at the club I belong to.


Sometimes I think we just have to "admit defeat." Maybe just for a time. Maybe eventually I'll be able to go back and try again with a little more success.

No comments:

Post a Comment