Tuesday, June 22, 2010

asana & dhyana makes your arms fall off

or maybe you just wish they would.
Yesterday was Summer Solstice so I thought it might be fun to give a try at 108 Sun Salutations (Surya Namaskar A. Without the lunges. Plank instead.)

Uh. 108 chataurangas can really do in the shoulders. Hmph.

But I've also embarked on a 40 day journey with a kundalini meditation. Today was day 4 and my upper arms were quivering as I struggled through the 9 minutes. Here is what I'm doing:

Sit in easy pose.
Raise the right hand up in an angle to the right.
Lower the left hand down in an angle to the left.

For the first three minutes, point your index fingers.
For the second three minutes, point your index and pinky fingers.
For the third three minutes, open the hands with the palms facing down, fingers together.

Slowly breathe in 'sat,'
Slowly breathe out 'nam.'

No comments:

Post a Comment